The ensuing are some key points related to salaries earned by pathologists, working in the United States:
- The median salary earned by pathologists is in the region of $245,871.
- The exact salary of a pathologist is dependent on the precise specialization.
- As per the figures of the year 2008, annual salary of a pathologist ranges between $225,891 and $346,132.
- According to data of the year 2010, the yearly salary of a pathologist with not more than one year experience was in the range of $50,000- $125,268.
- As per the data of the same year, pathologists with an experience of more than five years and extending up to nine years can anticipate an annual salary of approximately $241,331.
- Pathologists who have just started their career can expect their yearly earnings to be in the region of around $80,000.
- Forensic pathologists with work experience of more than one decade can earn even up to $200,000, every year.
- Pathologists are also eligible for benefits such as paid vacations, paid holidays. Retirement packages and health insurance, etc.
The earnings of a pathologist are also dependent on the exact place of employment. The table present below has the corresponding information:
PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT
ANNUAL SALARY RANGE (APPROX)
Private Practice or Firm
University or College
State or Local Government
Salaries of pathologists in some states
YEARLY SALARY RANGE (APPROX)
Salaries of pathologists according to specializations
ANNUAL SALARY (APPROX)
$225,891 – $346,132