The following are some key points related to the salary of a radiologist, in the United States:
- In USA, radiologists are immensely benefited by both lucrative salaries and also excellent growth prospects.
- On an average, the annual salary of a radiologist is approximately $395,606.
- The average yearly salary drawn by a male radiologist is about $400,546, while the one earned by a female radiologist is roughly $370,909.
- Radiologists having an experience of not more than five years can expect their average annual salary to be in the region of $345,909.
- Radiologists whose work experience ranges between six and twelve years have a good chance of earning about $422,400, every year.
- For the duration 2008-2011, there has been a noteworthy rise in the average annual income of a radiologist, in USA. In the year 2008, it was about $367,908, but the corresponding figure for the year 2011 stood at $395,906.
- The annual median salary of an interventional radiologist is around $478,000.
- In terms of earning potential of radiologists, states located at the southern part of the country (USA) are more prospective.
- Even a radiologist who is just about to start their career can anticipate an annual salary of about $90,000.
- A radiologist working for a local government institute can earn a yearly salary of around $80,000.
- A radiologist employed in a private hospital has every chance of getting a pay packet of about $100,000 per year.
Salaries for radiologists in various state
AVERAGE ANNUAL SALARY (APPROXIMATE)
District of Columbia
Salaries for different categories of radiologists
AVERAGE YEARLY SALARY (APPROX)
Breast Imaging Radiologist
Top metros in terms of salaries of radiologists
AVERAGE ANNUAL SALARY (APPROX)
San Jose, California